Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The BabbyFamily House Tour Pt. I: Welcome!

At my house, 99% of visitors come in through the kitchen, so I thought it makes sense to start my house tour in what is clearly the heart of my home. Is your house like that, too? I swear I have a living room, but guests nearly always end up in the kitchen!

house tour

It's weird, too, because we don't have like epic levels of seating. Two grownup chairs, the Tripp Trapp, and the hairpin leg bench I made, plus Bo's way too big highchair now. People are so drawn to the kitchen that they don't mind standing! Can you tell I love red? I also love having the art supplies out where we can get at 'em.



house tour

Here's my kitchen clock, and here's where I say 'I made that!'

house tour

We have bright purple kitchen cabinets. The mister was originally anti purple but I convinced him and now he loves it. Before the purple, we had dark brown wood cabinets. Dark brown in a tiny south-facing kitchen. Seriously.

house tour

Free printables, woo!

house tour

I originally wanted to put some kind of framed picture over the stove - where there's not enough room to put much anything else. But I didn't have any frames and I did have paint, so this was the result. We <3 coffee!


A certain someone convinced me that repainting with chalkboard paint would be a bad idea, so I compromised with a chalkboard panel. We have fun posting recipes and messages to one another so I consider it worth the hassle of wiping up chalk dust.

house tour

It's a fridge. It's an art gallery. It's a strategic planning center. How much stuff is hanging on your refrigerator at any given time?

And that's my kitchen! Stay tuned for House Tour Pt. II, coming tomorrow... probably. I'll be giving you a glimpse into the kids' rooms!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! So much fun. Good call on the purple. I have such renters' envy when it comes to paint & yards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very nice and eclectic kitchen. I love it.
    I tried chalkboard paint before and it's absolutely fine.

    I'm a new follower. Hope you can follow me as well.
    Have a great week.

    xoxo,
    Khloe
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your kitchen! the colors are very inviting no wonder guests hang out in there. the unique touches like the chalkboard panel are darling. please come transform my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen. The chalkboard on the cabinet is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is convenient for jotting down recipes since it's just right there where I'm cooking!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your table area. All that color makes me happy. We use a lot of red in our house too, but this makes me really want to pump it up! Don't think I'll go with purple cabinets, though (yours look fantastic)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toaster oven jinx!!

    And I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it to be the dopest of toaster ovens. I've baked cookies in it!

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...