Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dairy Queen, Art, and a Really Late Bedtime

Big day for the family today. Big FUN day!

First there was our town's annual arts festival, which happened to be right outside the dance academy door. After P.'s classes - and my usual half hour of tap practice in the empty studio - we walked around window shopping booths of jewelry and photography and homemade toys and paintings and prints. P. always gets to choose one thing and now, at four years old, she's much better about thinking carefully about what she'll take home. Her pick: a totally adorable fat little bunny from Zooguu! Bo got something, too, which was really something for me: a Brian Gubicza print for the nursery.

P. also made a t-shirt featuring her, me, the sun, and a "stink cloud". You know it's a stink cloud because it's green. 

Then home again, where Bo fell asleep and I finally put the baby veggie plants in the garden. Next, P. and I made a quick trip to the grocery for super secret Father's Day supplies. (I won't say what since the mister sometimes reads the blog.) Somewhere in all this I got some work done, but the highlight of the whole day was probably heading back out at what should have been P.s bedtime for a balance bike ride, cones and Blizzards at Dairy Queen, and a twilight trip to the playground.

saturday night at dairy queen


saturday night at dairy queen


saturday night at dairy queen

My signature Blizzard: chocolate ice cream with ALL the chocolate and peanut butter candies mixed in. NOM!

saturday night at dairy queen


saturday night at dairy queen


saturday night at dairy queen

How was YOUR Saturday?

6 comments:

  1. Grocery shopping and gymnastics in the morning. I slept all afternoon then we went to the neighbors' for dinner. I could not handle your whirlwind day. Love reading about it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of your ability to nap and not feel like doo doo afterward!

      Delete
  2. Yesterday was such a beautiful day - today not as much but we're making the best of it. I really thought at first that maybe you got a real fat bunny. My daughter wants a bunny so badly that my husband is actually researching the pros and cons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do get a live animal, don't blame me! I want fewer living things in my house ;)

      Delete
  3. My in-laws were available to watch our 4-yo so my husband and I were able to go out and get dinner and watch a movie (Iron Man 3). Amazing! We so rarely go out.

    I thought you were dairy-free because Bo couldn't handle cow milk? Did he grow out of that, or do you have a contingency plan in place? Just curious as to whether babies can grow out of that or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They can! As far as he can tell he has grown out of it entirely or mostly, so I have the occasional ice cream. I'm still mostly dairy-free, though, just because, well, I like it :)

      I'm jealous of your solo couple date! I can't remember the last time we did that...

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...