Monday, June 17, 2013

How I Know I Must Be Doing Something Right

The day before Father's Day, P. and I went to the market for picnic supplies, and I finally chose one of those carts with a big toy car hitched to the front. P. in a new dress with a bow in her hair sat at the steering wheel, honking the horn and leaning out the window to grin at every adult we passed.

In the produce section, where we'd stopped so I could squeeze the avocados, a woman ducked down for a better look at her and said "My, aren't you cute!"

And then P. said:

"If you want to see something really super cute, you should see my baby brother!"

good parenting

PS - If you're semi-local to me, you should be able to see me live on FOX 25 tomorrow at around 9:30 a.m. talking about Mom Meet Mom!

5 comments:

  1. You are doing many, many things right, my friend! I think this example is telling of the future friendship between P and Bo. You are a lucky mama to be able to watch them grow together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a sweet girl! You're definitely doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! That sounds like my daughter and her baby brother. Although one story my aunt won't stop telling is that when we were on a roadtrip to Canada when I was 16, an innkeeper told me I had beautiful eyes. I ducked my head and said, "You should see my sister!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is that?!!
    That's so very sweet. I think girls are super attached to their baby anything but for some reason more so when it's a brother.

    Keep It Touched,
    Khloe
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, she's an awesome big sister! Big sis/lil bros have a unique bond

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...