Sunday, June 16, 2013

Our Father's Day

This year I wanted Father's Day to be extra special so P. and I (and even Bo) did plenty of pre-planning last week, like making footprints for a footprint path that led from my and the mister's bedroom down the stairs and into Bo's room where presents were waiting. P. made something special at daycare and laminated bookmarks at home, and she and I went shopping for Father's Day presents she mostly chose herself. She was particularly excited about the mister's new copy of All My Friends are Dead.

And we had actual plans, too! I found a hiking spot north of us where there would also be a live show about princesses and pirates, and P. and I packed a picnic. She was so cute this year, being evasive with the mister so everything would be a surprise. She'd be transparently cagey about presents or plans and then give me a big thumbs up and a smile while saying "Mama! I tricked papa!" Too cute!

father's day hike


father's day hike



Some time after our alfresco breakfast of omelets and muffins and toast with lemon curd and juicy apricots, Bo had an epic battle with now nude but once upon a time Star Trek captain Ken before we hit the road.


father's day hike


father's day hike

The mister hiked with an additional 29 pounds of weight while I carried a mere 17 or so.

father's day hike


father's day hike


father's day hike

It was P.'s first time at a theatrical performance! Bo's, too.

father's day hike


father's day hike

After all that, we considered going out to dinner, but both little ones crashed hard in the car. I had the bright idea to eat in and watch a movie together as a family. (I guess this is where I apologize to the AAP because Bo could totally see the screen.) P. chose the She-Ra movie, The Secret of the Sword, which is where we find out He-Man has a crazy strong twin sister who has a flying unicorn. It's also where we get to see He-Man punch a battle tank IN THE FACE.

What did YOU do on Father's Day? Anything special?

1 comment:

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...