Friday, June 7, 2013

When Inspiration Fails I Just Roll With It

I was going to write something today. In fact, as I lay in bed watching the sun come up after the Mama Spider Incident (which you can read about on Facebook), I was writing a post in my head. But of course, as these things often go, when I woke up after dozing on and off with Bo in my arms, whatever I'd composed in my head was gone.

I'm still in my jammies. Dropping off P. meant throwing on a hoodie to keep the rain off my hair, which desperately needs a wash. I hate to say it, but I was just a little happy to drop her off this morning because all of a sudden our fun, low key morning turned sour. We went from playing school to straight up fit pitching over me saying she needed to take a teeny break from drawing to brush teeth. Instead of stopping, she took the cap off another marker and started to draw.

Oof. That's the worst. I don't want to have to say that we're putting the markers away for the morning, but I tell you what... four year olds are just primo at selective listening. P. can tune out so hard that we had the pedi test her hearing. Which is 100% normal.

Anyway, it's raining again. A full-on cold rain that's soaking the soil and making the house smell kind of fresh and musty at the same time. Bo is usually an amazing sleeper on rainy days but today he decided to stay up and enjoy it with me. I'm not relishing tromping out into it, really, but there is an upside to the deluge. Yesterday I put some of P.'s own special plants into the ground outside and this rain will help them take root. And I get to wear my Hunter wellies, which is always fun.

Me and the Queen, ya know?

hunter rain boots wellies

Now I'm feeling kind of unmotivated and uninspired. Do you ever feel like doing fudge all when you really have tons to do? If nothing else I need to get up and shower and do something about my hair. I kind of wish I could sit here with Bo and watch movies all day. Maybe make a little popcorn... and when P. got home we could have a rainy day pajama party. And then maybe when the Mister gets home he'll put on jams, too, and we'll eat popcorn for dinner and do a whole lot of nothing. 

Maybe.

Happy Friday everyone! Have an amazing weekend!

P.S. - Check out my thoughts on a nursing cream made with PEARLS here!

P.P.S. - Tomorrow I'm taking Bo to a Star Trek convention. Can you believe that? Here's something you probably don't know about me: I'm a total Star Trek fangirl. 

P.P.P.S. - In Mom Meet Mom news, we're still looking for Featured Moms for our weekly blog highlighting awesome moms. This week marked the kick off of our two months of giveaways - and entering just got easier. Now every mom with a profile that includes a photo will automatically be entered in each giveaway. That means old members as well as new!  

P.P.P.S. - Don't do this. Just don't. If you hate your body, fine, but never, ever say it in front of your kids. 

9 comments:

  1. Man, if only I could overnight you Juliet's Star Trek onesie. Science officer, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'd had more time, I totally would have made him something - at least painted a communicator pin on a jumpsuit! But alas, too busy!

      Delete
  2. I am jealous of the convention. I SO wanted to go to the one in Chicago in May, but as I was due at the end of April I thought it a bad idea. Then I had the baby at the beginning of April..I should have totally gone anyway. I allowed my 'mom with a newborn' inhibitions to win. FANGIRLFAIL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. Even now, I'm feeling serious trepidation - like what if Mr. Zenbaby decides tomorrow is freak out day? Or someone gets on my case for nursing. I'm not letting it stop me, though!

      Delete
  3. Rainy pajama, movie, & popcorn day sounds SUPER great and fun, actually. Enjoy the Trek convention! A friend of mine took his infant (then baby, then toddler, now 4 year old) to almost every con he goes to and has had minimal issues. Some fans are jerks, just like all populations, but most are awesome and supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love Star Trek, especially TNG. Never been to a convention, even though Comic-con is not too far from me.

    Rainy days make me want to stay in because it rarely rains here and I do not own the appropriate footwear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. That is a lovely photo of you all up there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took my daughter to a sci-fi convention. We had a blast and she loved being dressed up.

    Yes I have days in which I feel like doing fudge all but I have tons to do. Today is probably that day. When I'm inspired, I can't get to doing everything I want to do fast enough. Today is a day to hide on the couch, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not looking forward to the 4s. May the 4th be with you, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...