Monday, July 29, 2013

Counting On the Weekend to Get Me Through the Week

Last night, I couldn't sleep.

Thoughts were zipping around in my head loudly, keeping me from drifting off. It's the worst because the stuff my brain comes up with is never nice.

Maybe it was just a Sunday thing - I guess I'll find out tonight. I'm one of those people who sometimes get all panicky on Sunday night because, oh noes, the weekend is over and the resumption of real life is just one short snooze away!

This wee is not a regular kind of week, either. The mister is bogged down at work because someone was let go right in the middle of a big project. I'm dealing an the end of the month rush (that's totally my fault, but still).

And oh, Mom Meet Mom is launching its national beta... today.
 
Eek, right? I'm bracing myself for a 'full steam ahead running on empty' kind of week!

Hopefully happy thoughts of the fun we had this weekend will get me through until Friday when we're off to NY.

This past Saturday, we went to a little local carnival that was just right for P. in terms of intensity and rowdiness. Translation: not very intense and not very crowded. She went on a few rides, we had some fried dough and a blue slushie, we played a few games, and then we walked home. Perfect.

mom meet mom launches nationally

mom meet mom launches nationally

mom meet mom launches nationally

mom meet mom launches nationally

mom meet mom launches nationally

What did your family do this weekend? And how did you sleep last night?

P.S. - Want to know what I have to say about bringing home a new baby when you have a four-year-old? Check out my advice for introducing new siblings!

8 comments:

  1. I have the HARDEST time sleeping the night before going back to work, and it's worse the more time I've had off work. If I spent that time off doing fun stuff, I'm sad it has to end, and if I spent that time doing chores and other boring grown-up stuff, I regret I didn't spend more time doing fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a week like that last week, so this Monday seems exceptionally calm and quiet. Last Monday I was in tears at my daughter's camp dropoff while simultaneously being excited for some blog opportunities. I love big weeks, though. They make me feel powerful, which is nice for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I had slightly less to do, I'd feel pumped. But I have just enough that it falls on the wrong side of overwhelming!

      Delete
  3. Couldn't sleep last night. Excitement over family visiting today. And how to get cat odor out of basement carpet. Will there be enough ... (fill in the blank examples- food, beds, hot water, cold water, fun etc.)?

    My weekend was spent packing someone elses beloved stuff to move. Totally exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pre-visitor stress! But it's the good kind of stress :)

      Delete
  4. My husband started a new job that pays more and has better benefits but also is more skilled and has a higher learning curve than his old one. It's challenging, but in a good way, and that's positive stress for him... but he's also still in a trial period and so is worried that he'll be dismissed so that's bad stress. And our car has apparently imploded. That's bad too.

    This weekend we mostly sat around. We did laundry. We watched tv while the 4 year old napped. We put our feet on each other while playing "Candy Crush." It was super laid back and just a nice time to decompress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a sit-around weekend when you're feeling out of control, I think. Hope everything works out okay!

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...