Friday, July 5, 2013

Life's Happening Around Here

I haven't had much time to blog, as you may have noticed. Yes, there's been work. So much work - most of which recently was end of the month stuff that was my own fault for not doing sooner. Live and learn. Maybe. But there's also been plenty of fun stuff, too, in between all the work stuff. Which is surprising.

In past years I always felt like there was either work or fun. Now they're coexisting, which is good. It means there's definitely less time for stuff like blogging, though.

summer fun with kids

I know I still haven't written about P.'s (and my) recital, but that's coming. For now I'll just say that she earned her post-dress rehearsal ice cream and her post-show toy store visit!

summer fun with kids

We've also just spent plenty of time outside this year, enjoying our relatively tiny back yard. The mister and I have literally put years of summers into it since it was pretty dismal when we first moved in. It's finally starting to feel inviting, even when our New England summer weather is confusing.

summer fun with kids

Our raspberry canes have gone crazy, so we spend some time every day getting poked by raspberries stickers while we dig through to find all the sweetest berries.

summer fun with kids

Sometimes we even do it in our jammies!

summer fun with kids

We went to the Fairy Festival and Tea again this year. We saw so many friends and though it was too busy to spend much time catching up, we did get to spend at least a little time chatting with everyone.

summer fun with kids

And then there are the shows... ever since the recital, P. has been putting on SO many shows.

Yesterday, we went to a spot one town over recommended by a local friend to watch the Fourth of July fireworks. I was worried that P. wouldn't wake up in time for the big event when she fell asleep in the stroller on the way there, but she woke up after I told her she could just lay on the blanket if she needed to. Ice cream helped. And the spot turned out to be an amazing (if epically skeeteriffic) spot where we could see two towns' staggered fireworks shows!

summer fun with kids

P. brought her camera and took exactly one photo. I asked her if she might want to take another, just in case it didn't turn out since it's hard to get the timing right, but she said no. How's that for confidence? This is the pic she took:

summer fun with kids

Not bad for four years old!

Anyway, this post is my way of saying I'll be blogging when I can. Hope you're having a happy, busy summertime, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...