Friday, August 16, 2013

I Don't Really Want Summer to End, But I'm Already Planning the Best Fall Ever

Summer is winding down... can you feel it? Suddenly we're sleeping with fans gently humming instead of the AC cycling on and off, and the first thing I want to do when I get out of bed is pull on a sweater.

Truthfully, I'm kind of enjoying the autumnal tang in the air - and P. has been asking when we'll go on our next hayride - but knowing that September and then October and November will be here in an eye blink makes me a little sad, too.

As 2013 loomed, I wrote about the only New Year's resolution I would make.-Not being much of a resolution maker to begin with, sticking to one was easy:
My only resolution for 2013 will be to have as much fun as I had in 2012.
I think we did it, and there are still four months to go until 2013 ticks over into 2014. My Flickr stream is full of photos of hiking and carnivals and zoo outings and ferry rides and parties and dance recitals and ice cream and long walks and popsicles and trips to the playground and of course, trips to the beach.

summer family fun

summer family fun

summer family fun

summer family fun

summer family fun

summer family fun

And that was just the summertime. P. and I have made salt dough eggs and hearts and decorated more molasses cookies than I can even count, and we even ruined our camera for all time taking pictures like this. Whew!

How has your 2013 been so far?

P.S. - If you missed it, check out my true life scary mom story!

P.P.S. - There are some big changes coming to Mom Meet Mom, so now is an amazing time to be one of our early adopters.

P.P.P.S. -If you're local to me and need new family portraits, check out Purple Opal Photography - you won't regret it.

2 comments:

  1. You are a great spokesperson for fall, which is my second least favorite season. but you really sell it! lol.
    I don't think we did nearly as much this summer. I don't know where all the time goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my second least favorite, too! But I started trying to enjoy it for the sake of my kids :)

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...