Wednesday, November 13, 2013

More from Our Surprise Family Day!

Yesterday was a special family day for me and my little ones. They were both supposed to be at daycare - Bo is going once a week now - and I was supposed to be working. Instead, we were all home. Noshing on blueberries and cinnamon toast and those organic toaster tarts from Trader Joe's. (Pomegranate and cherry, yum!) Bo had blueberries but I don't know if he can have as many from here on out - his little bum can't take any more.

He's not going to be happy about me holding back, that's for sure!


But I still had work - as in conference call type stuff that I couldn't just ditch - so P. got to totally hunker down with the tablet. Which she doesn't usually get to do for that length of time. And I mean kind of a long time, which included eating lunch while watching a movie. By the time I was done with all that I was itchin' to get out of the house, but the threat of rain meant instead of going out we ended up at the mall. Very American, us!




And here, have a live look:


Ever have one of those days where you're thinking oh no, no, no. I'm not going to get ANYTHING done? That was yesterday. And yet I answered emails, made my calls, got the little ones out to play, made biscuits...


And then when I was supposed to be putting P. to bed because the mister was at an Emmy party - his company won one of 'em - I was downstairs sewing a draft dodger for the front door.

It was pretty much a perfect day. 

Er, except when we were standing at the Target checkout and P. threatened to bite me if I didn't let her run back to the impulse buys. Which is weird, because I know for sure that she wouldn't have followed through - she's not a biter.

I guess the day was just so perfect otherwise that I needed a reality kick in the pants before I got too cocky :)

4 comments:

  1. We all need a little jolt to keep us grounded when we may be feeling smug after a near perfect day. ;) Congrats to your husband's company on the Emmy win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's pretty weird - for some technical stuff that apparently made reality TV shows easier to make, ha!

      Delete
  2. Any day that is full of carbs is a good day in my book!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...