Monday, February 3, 2014

Photos from an Expectedly Warm Day

Just want to bust in right here before the actual post and remind y'all that you should be signing up for Mom Meet Mom if you haven't already - and that we now have a forum where you can ask questions, rant, or whatever ;)

My weekends usually look like this: go to the dance studio with P.... practice for an hour... home for lunch... disappear to work until dinner time... spend a little while with my family (if I'm lucky)... sleep... wake up and work... etc.

Pretty bleak. I guess that's just how it is when you're a WAHM trying to get a business off the ground while supporting and also caring for your family. Frankly, there are some weekends where I feel like I don't even see my husband or my kids.

But THIS weekend I got to actually spend time with the family I help support and care for! 


It was actually a very warm day for January and very welcome after the dumb polar vortex that pretty much kept us housebound, weekend after weekend.



(We'd try to get out but even short walks would end in frozen tears.)


Look at me, out and about on a Sunday, wow!



Most of the snow had melted off of the playground thanks to rain and some mild days. There was only slush on one of the slides so P. could go on almost all of the equipment without fear of slips, falls, or wet bums.


Bo, to my surprise, did not try to eat the mulch. Much. 


Watching Bo and P. play on the equipment together made me think about all the lazy, wonderful days I brought P. to the park just to get out of the house.

It also made me think about how the mister would let P. crawl all over the high stuff, terrorizing me. Because he was doing it again with Bo.


Now P. is big enough to climb on just about everything all by herself. Some stuff still confuzzles her, though.


Even though I still had to work later that day - and ended up using Starbucks' wifi to do it - I felt refreshed and energized by our tiny, everyday, perfect winter outing. 


 How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Our weekend was too cold to go out. Boo :(

    That park looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it makes you feel any better we're getting a foot of snow today!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for the snow to melt enough to go to the park again! Our weekend was good but was spent indoors at a trampoline place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! The snow is back with a vengeance so our plans for the rest of the week may not play out...

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...