Friday, March 14, 2014

Some Days are for Remembering, Some You'd Prefer to Forget

Snow on Monday.

The radio just predicted as much, and here we are mid-March. I'm not making this up when I say that P. said she wished Anna from Frozen had summer powers so she could end "the eternal winter we're living in." I only just took down our outside Christmas lights just the other day because they were finally no longer under a foot of icy hard packed snow.

And I am not the kind of person who leaves Christmas lights up until March - not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm still feeling glum about that.

Today, Friday, was a day of downs. Some ups, but not the kind of ups that really balance out the downs.


P. had a playdate that went south, with tears and lots of question. This, after the whole of her morning involved rush rush rushing around to get to an appointment involving three shots.

Bo couldn't sleep after a quickie power nap and then around dinner time just lost it. We did what we could to make sure he got something to eat before crashing (and that after more tears) but I get the feeling he'll be up tonight.

More than one person in my life - and in my virtual life - has gotten bad news recently. In some cases, really bad. Lots of people in my life are sick. The mister got home late and I didn't get half as much done as I hoped to because I always hope for too much.


It is, as I told P. tonight during our pre-slumber cuddle, just "one of those days." Tomorrow we'll find and read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. There will always be those days - even in Australia.

And now it's nearly 10 p.m., I haven't had any dinner, we have yet to fill in the tax packet from the accountant, and the four molars racing to be the first through in Bo's mouth mean that the music of the night is wailing and I can expect to wake up in the early hours of the morning to dance through the darkness until he is once again quiet and he and I can fall asleep on the couch or the floor or the futon.


But things always get better.

Here's wishing for a great weekend for you and me and everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Hugs. These are the days for which I have little yellow pills. because otherwise I would completely lose my shit, my-mother's-style-and-that's-not-pretty. Yay yellow pills. Better living through 1960s chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about the better living through chemistry. Suffering is not a badge of honor. No one gives you a high five for it!

      Delete
  2. I use wine! lol. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...