Sunday, December 28, 2014

I've Clearly Been Preoccupied

Lately I've been pulled in too many directions. Which is why I haven't posted in about a month even though we've had tons going on here. And  I guess why I wrote the below and never even managed to post it...
In one direction there's work. So much work. Always Besides all the last-minute, end of year assignments I'm taking on because they've effectively cancelled out what we spent on Christmas, I'm still writing and editing for the same set of (thankfully wonderful) clients. Not that I haven't been posting, I'm just posting at Hello, Mamas! instead of here.

In another direction there's family. P. had a reactive airway disease episode that meant a day at the hospital. Bo's been having tummy troubles. And sleeping troubles because of the tummy troubles.

And then there's Christmas and all the prep and traveling, but not before this year's holiday show which is - looks at calendar - apparently tomorrow. OMG. I was up until nearly midnight last night getting things wrapped and I'm paying for it today. Tonight I go into Boston for work, and tomorrow I'm going to be sewing one bra into another bra, hemming a pair of tights, and doing hair.

I'm exhausted just thinking about the rest of today and tomorrow and then Sunday when we head to NY.
And just like that, the holiday show is over (videos here, here, and here). We're back from NY where P. went into Manhattan to see the "big tree". Even Christmas is over. It's feeling a little surreal to have our Christmas tree still sitting here next to me except with odds and ends underneath instead of wrapped packages.

Christmas morning came early because Bo woke up early.

 

I got the Mister a new messenger bag from Timbuk2. He got me a new camera that's somewhere in between our tiny (and grainy, as you can clearly see) point-and-shoot and a proper big girl camera. Which is just right for me considering how heavy the DSLRs are. Suddenly I can take pictures inside my house at nighttime, see?


Not that I have any idea what I am doing! In between work today - yes, of course I've been working because I'm always working - I've been driving my family crazy with it.


(I'm going to go right ahead and say big difference between Christmas day and today!)

This coming week, everyone has off but me as usual so I'm right back to the grind while simultaneously trying to figure out where to stash the new stuff and what to do with the old stuff and omg when am I ever going to find the time to start folding the mountain of clean laundry currently living at the foot of my bed...

Dance will start back up in a week. So will school and daycare and work in earnest for the Mister and myself. I already have three pages of blog posts halfway written for Mom Meet Mom and some of my clients. This past week of being off-ish has been wonderful but it's also been colored by the realization that it'll go by way too fast and that sucks.

Sometimes I just want to stop the world, ya know?

2 comments:

  1. Liebe Christa,
    ich kann das mit der wenigen Zeit sehr gut nachvollziehen. Ging mir genauso. Die Kinder nehmen doch viel Zeit in Anspruch. :) Ich sehe, Ihr hattet schöne Weihnachten! Daran werden sich Deine süßen Kleinen bestimmt immer gern erinnern. Ich wünsche Dir und Deinen Lieben ein wunderbares neues Jahr und das all Eure Wünsche in Erfüllung gehen mögen!
    Ganz liebe Grüße,
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die Zeit ist zu schnell, aber ich fühle mich gut über diese Erinnerungen!

      Viele Grüße von Boston xoxo

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...