Friday, April 17, 2015

A Little Space to Throw a Pillow

I rearranged my living room today. Haven't done that for a while. And it got me to thinking about what the living room looked like back when we were house shopping and decided to check out this one - which turned out to be an almost exact copy of the one I grew up in.

That hit me pretty weird and has a lot to do with why we bought a tiny, oddly-built house in a so-so hood. It's like I walked in and I was home.

Not that the home in question hasn't changed a lot since that day. Here's then and now:


Just a little different, right? But still tiny and oddly built. Luckily we like tiny - for now, at least. Every time we have house guests I have visions of my teenage children in their almost-adult bodies taking up all of the available space. For now, though, it's enough to have room to do this:





That's really all the room you need, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...