Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sometimes I Don't Notice How Much Has Changed

Sometimes when you're in the thick of it, it's hard to see just how different things really are. Three years ago there was no Bo. Four years ago there was no Mom Meet Mom. Six years ago P. was an underweight little preemie still struggling to grow. Seven years ago my kitchen looked like this.

Compared to that other stuff, the kitchen seems kind of unimportant. But unlike that other stuff, the kitchen lends itself to a before and after. Same kitchen, slightly different. Or very different?

The kitchen as it is now certainly felt different after I stumbled onto that before shot. P. wasn't born then. Bo wasn't even an idea. The only thing we'd changed since moving in was the stove, and that was only because the old one was leaking gas. There was blue trim everywhere.

We'd just moved to the north shore from the outskirts of the city. We hadn't even been married for a year, and it still felt like we were playing house. Now this house feels a lot like my house, though there is still a ways to go.

These kids feel like my kids. This life feels like my life.

Know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...