Tuesday, November 3, 2015

When Bad Days End Well

Not going to lie, I had a bad morning complete with tears.

It was one of those mornings where the disappointments start adding up from hour one. P. was supposed to have a playdate that was cancelled because her friend got sick and that was sad. Then Bo got sad because his big sister's playdate getting cancelled meant she wasn't coming with him to childcare. I was sad, too, because I had a big work day all planned out but P. staying home effectively cut my productivity in half.

It wasn't all bad, though.


I stopped working (and dragged P. away from her iPad long enough) to hit downtown for lunch at one of our favorite cafes and a trip to the bank branch that has the big bowl of lollipops.


And then on a whim after picking Bo up we all walked to a different friend's house to see if P. could come over play - and she could so her day was saved.

Meanwhile Bo and I went home and raked the carpet of leaves in the backyard into a HUGE pile.



That became ground zero for an amazing leaf fight!


Then Bo figured out how to use the timer on the camera, so we had an impromptu photo session with just us and our huge pile of leaves.





I'm glad today got better. Not every day does but today definitely did, and for that I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...